November 15, 2005

Kaiser Permanente Buys Albertsons Distribution Center

The East Bay Business Times reports that Kaiser Permanente has purchased the Albertsons Distribution Center, located at 1701 Marina Boulevard, on the west side of Interstate 880. The 63-acre site would be the site of a new hospital by 2012, if the plans are approved by Kaiser's management and regulatory authorities.

The hospital would replace Kaiser's Hayward Medical Center, which was built in 1957 and is not in compliance with state seismic requirements.

Update: Selling price was $94.5 million, according to this article, which has more details about the purchase process.

Posted by Mike Katz-Lacabe at November 15, 2005 10:50 PM | TrackBack
Comments
Post a comment









Remember personal info?